Here are shelf life estimates for common herbal products:
– Young Living and Original Swiss Aromatics essential oils: indefinite, but I would probably replace at six years or so
– dried herbal leaves: one year if stored in sealed glass in the dark
– dried herbal roots and bark: two years if stored in sealed glass in the dark
– dried herbal leaf powders: six months
– dried herbal roots and bark powders if stored in sealed glass in the dark: one year
– herbal tinctures in alcohol or alcohol/water: five years
– herbal tinctures in glycerin or glycerin/water: one year
– brewed herbal teas: 12 hours if not refrigerated, 24 hours if refrigerated
– salves: one year
Please make sure to label all herbal products with expiration dates and observe them frequently.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, or by any veterinarian. All information, including any product or technique mentioned, is for educational purposes only. None of the information is intended to diagnose or treat any disease.